Gibson Island Clean-up and Rehabilitation Project Launch
Sunday 22nd April 2018, 9am-11.30am
Paringa Rd, Murarrie (industrial precinct)
Latest news: We’re thrilled to have been successful with a Landcare Australia Coca-Cola Coastal Protection Grant for this restoration project!
Local industries and our members, volunteers and friends are invited to contribute to the environmental and social health of this industrial region and the significant estuarine areas of Aquarium Passage.
- Hosted by Bulimba Creek Catchment – we’re launching an exciting revegetation and rehabilitation project for the area too!
- Clean-up for 1-hour followed by a brief presentation and morning tea.
- Special guests include Federal Member for Bonner Ross Vasta and State Member for Bulimba Di Farmer joining us to help launch the project
- Bring / Wear: your own re-usable water bottle. Wear a hat, closed in shoes, appropriate clothing and insect repellent. We will have coffee cups there (and a coffee van providing free coffee). We’ll have re-usable coffee cups there but you may like to bring your own.
Involvement from industry and the community will help:
- protect threatened wildlife including nesting birds, mammals and marine species
- protect the mangrove-lined waterway from erosion and sedimentation
- prevent sedimentation and potential pollution from overall industrial precinct and roadway
CONTACT US & GET INVOLVED
There’s many ways to get involved in this project, both on the clean-up day and with the ongoing restoration.
Contact us email@example.com / 3398 8003
Following this clean-up event, we’re embarking on a revegetation project there.
Instead of a degraded, weed infested and neglected buffer to Aquarium Passage, we envisage a full riparian vegetation community.
Instead of the region attracting dumping and illegal land use, we plan for there to be a protected landscape amenity.
A vision for the future
Below is one of our projects at Cabbage Tree creek. It shows a restored and beautiful habitat, rehabilitated by B4C. This is what we can achieve with the support of industry and the community.
Where is this project site at Gibson Island?
The map below shows the Gibson Island project site (red line) and our other nearby project sites (green stars). It site is at Paringa Rd, Murarrie. Click on map to view larger size map.
SUPPORTERS OF THIS EVENT
INDUSTRY PARTNERS / SUPPORTERS
(more being confirmed)
ENVIRONMENTAL PARTNERS / SUPPORTERS