View our list of plants that occur in the Bulimba Creek Catchment (Excel)
B4C’s native plant nursery, run by volunteers, is located at our Sustainability Centre at Carindale. Here we propagate seedlings which support local bush care and rehabilitation projects and works.
Volunteers are able to gain new skills including:
- Collecting seed (every few weeks only)
- Sorting seed from pods
- Plant propagation
- Laying seed into trays for germination
- Potting seedlings into individual pots when at sufficient height
- Watering plants
- De-leafing pots to maximise water potential
- Weeding pots
- Washing pots and trays
- Fertilising plants
- Blocking pots, removing dead plants
- Working in the community vegetable gardens
- Working in the bush tucker and rainforest gardens
Do you want to volunteer with us?
Open to B4C Members, bushcare groups and volunteers.
Tuesday 7:30am – 2pm | Wednesday 7:30am – 2pm | Friday 7:30am – 12pm
What to bring?
Wear clothes that you are willing to get dirty. A shirt with sleeves and collar and long pants are best, as well as covered shoes and a wide brimmed hat.
Morning tea is provided as well as tea and coffee. Bring your own lunch. Shops are located about 500 metres away.
Contact us about volunteering at our nursery.