Updated Thursday 16th April 2020
The following actions and responses are to be enacted by the Bulimba Creek Catchment Coordinating Committee Inc., in response to the changing circumstances to protect our staff, volunteers and members of the community from contracting or spreading this virus.
The following arrangements (from April 15th 2020 until further notice) are in line with government and Health Department information. We will be restricting activities to essential functions until further notice.
- OPEN DAYS, COMMUNITY & CORPORATE EVENTS: From 18 March, all events have been suspended as per government requirements, to minimise social contact.
- VISITORS TO B4C SUSTAINABILITY CENTRE: Notice is on the B4C Website notifying the community to avoid coming to our centre or office. People should not visit the Centre unless prior arrangements and approval by B4C Management has been organised. Meetings will be organised online until further notice.
- ESSENTIAL NURSERY WORK: A skeleton staff of senior volunteers will continue to operate in small numbers. Other volunteers are requested to not attend the B4C nursery, Depot or grounds.
- REFERRED VOLUNTEERS and COMMUNITY SERVICE: These programs have ceased to operate from 19 March.
- LANDCARE SERVICES UNIT (Field Staff and volunteers): Still operating, with reduced volunteers active. Seeking to achieve two people per vehicle. Field staff are to take all recommended precautions in contact with the public and hygiene measures at all times.
- OFFICE STAFF (Administration and Management): Office staff have activated a “work from home” contingency plan, limiting the number of staff at the office. Avoid face to face meetings or unnecessary external contact. Meetings being held digitally where possible.
- HABITAT BRISBANE: Council has suspended activities associated with Habitat Brisbane groups, to assist with social distancing requirements.
- CONTINGENCY PLAN for all staff, volunteers and potential visors, is in operation for Stage III: Arrangements for complying with health restrictions and optimising non-contact and transmission are in operation.
B4C is still able to operate with these restrictions and health arrangements in place. A much lower number of people are attending the Centre and we will immediately inform everyone of any changes to these arrangements after receiving direction or recommendations from the Authorities.
B4C is following all Government and Health Department requirements and recommendations to provide health and safety to all.
Trusted Information Sharing Network (TISN) for Critical Infrastructure Resilience. https://www.tisn.gov.au/documents/template+for+pandemic+plan.pdf