Position: Field Crew Supervisor.
Full-time or part-time (negotiable)
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic field supervisor to join our Eco Services Unit team.
You will be working for a social enterprise with a community focus and to fulfil this position you will have experience in supervision, weed control for natural areas and bushland restoration.
Duties will include:
- Perform manual tasks contributing to bush regeneration on project sites, as directed, including, but not limited to, digging, planting, mulching, and removal of waste
- Assist in the implementation of integrated weed control techniques, including mechanical removal and chemical application
- Work with maximum efficiency in nominated natural areas to restore degraded vegetation and other site values
- Maintenance of rehabilitated areas and landscaping works – weed control, mowing, slashing.
- Participate in team meetings as required, and in work groups with other staff and volunteers
- Support team to develop skills and knowledge
- Completion of relevant paperwork (eg WH&S, jobsheets)
- Ability to safely operate and maintain mechanical equipment.
- Knowledge and identification skills for SE QLD Native and Weed species
- Experience with power tools (whipper snipper, auger, chainsaw etc)
- Ability and experience to supervise and train team members and volunteers (work experience)
- Good oral communication skills and experience communicating with relevant stakeholders
- High level of physical fitness
- Current Class C Manual Drivers Licence
- Competent numeracy and literacy skills
- Understanding of WH&S principles
- White Card
- ACDC Licence
- First Aid certificate
- Chainsaw licence
- Cert III in Conservation and Land Management/Horticulture or higher
- Tractor/mower operation
- Mechanical knowledge – operation and maintenance of small engines and equipment.
The position is negotiable as full-time or permanent part-time working from our depot in Carindale with salary negotiable dependent on skills.
If you would like to apply for this position or require any further details, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Due to high demand for employment, you will only be contacted if your application is successful.